The Government is providing a range of finance supports to businesses impacted by the COVID-19 crisis; they include:
- Restart grant for micro and small businesses based on a rates rebate from 2019.
- Pandemic Stabilisation and Recovery Fund within the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF), which will make capital available to medium and large enterprises on commercial terms.
- Credit guarantee schemes:
- Strategic Banking Corporation Ireland (SBCI):
- Enterprise Ireland
- Microfinance Ireland
- Commercial rates are being waived for a period of three months beginning on 27 March for businesses that have been forced to close due to public health requirements.
- All banks have announced that they will offer flexibility to their customers, and they may be able to provide payment holidays or emergency working capital facilities where required.
The full Government statement (2 May 2020) announcing the most recent suite of finance supports can be found here.
Other available supports for businesses
- Temporary COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme
- Suspension of business energy charges
- 'Warehousing' of COVID-19 related tax debt for businesses
If you have any questions relating to finance please contact us.