- Benefit for employees who have contracted the COVID-19 virus, or who have been told by a doctor or the HSE to self-isolate.
- €350 per week (increased from €305 announced previously).
- To qualify the recipient must be self-isolating on the instructions of a doctor or the HSE.
- The recipient must be absent from work and confined to their home or a medical facility.
- The COVID-19 illness benefit will be paid for a maximum of two weeks for those required to self-isolate, and for a maximum of ten weeks for those diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Apply online at mywelfare.ie.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or advised to self-isolate by a doctor, the doctor will complete a medical certificate on your behalf and send this directly to the department.
- If you have been advised by the HSE that you must self-isolate, you will have received a text or a letter from the HSE. You will need to submit a copy of this notification with your Illness Benefit application form.
- If you are returning from travel abroad and following HSE self-isolation advice, and are not being paid by your employer, you will require your GP to complete a medical certificate on your behalf.